Whether you are a foreigner looking for a good residence in Singapore or a local willing to move to a good neighborhood, Meyer Road is an ideal place. Some quicks facts about the place: The Jewish philanthropist and businessman, Sir Reuben Mannaseh Meyer lived from 1846-1930. Meyer road is named after him. Meyer Mansion Guocoland which is a new development located next to Meyer Road will be available soon. The development is the former Casa Meyfort Enbloc.
Complete address: Meyer road, Tanjong Katong Road, South End.
Nearest MRT station: Dakota MRT
Reasons to live here: Cool sea breezes and fabulous food are attractions of the East Coast and there is a short to commute Suntec city.
Meyer Road Located Near to Tanjong Katong MRT Station
Currently, the neighborhood is facing constant construction for the Tanjong Katong MRT station. There are a lot of construction workers around and the noise might be a bit loud. The neighborhood is home to vintage architecture with some dating back to 1937. If you want a dose of local culture you can avail Nyonya cuisine and take a walk around Katong or Joo Chiat neighborhoods.
Eateries Located Along Meyer Road Singapore
For foreigners looking for a slice of home, Café Melba is situated at the Goodman Arts center. It serves Australian classics and has a great selection of coffee and wines. The Chin Mee Chin confectionary on East Coast Road has a constant stream of food enthusiasts. It’s an elegant coffee house serving traditional breakfast of kaya toast, kopi, runny eggs etc.
The locals are really friendly and you get to be a part of a vibrant community. The scenery is great apart from the construction site, as you might be woken at night due to drilling. Some additional features are:
1) Singapore’s best wanton noodles are found at Eng’s Noodle House and their spicy chili sauce is really delicious.
2) If you have a sweet tooth, then Scoop therapy is the place to go. They have a variety of flavors and you can also try maple bacon or butterbeer (it may remind you of Harry Potter).
3) This hip café is a great place for children and they have tasty sweet treats. The best part is that you also get to escape the heat.
4) If you are looking for several shopping stores in one place then Parkway parade is the place to go. Do visit Chalk farm as it has an enticing 24-carat gold brownie that will simply melt your taste buds.
5) The Marine Parade library is a great place for the family and the children will really enjoy it.
Altogether, Meyer road is a great place if you want to live on the East Coast. It has something for everyone and you won’t be disappointed.